The Inuvik Ski Club strives to offer programming for skiers of all ages and abilities. Check our EVENT CALENDAR for the most up-to-date information on what’s happening. In past seasons, we have offered:
- Family Ski Days
- Learn to Ski Lessons (adults)
- Cross Country Canada’s Jackrabbits, Bunnyrabbits, and Track Attack Programs (kids 4-12)
- Inuvik Youth Centre FUNdamentals
- East Three High School and Elementary School ski sessions
As a member club of Cross Country Canada, the Inuvik Ski Club uses the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) to train and certify all coaches for our programs. The NCCP workshops help prospective coaches gain the skills and knowledge required to work with all age groups and competition levels.
Have what it takes to be a coach?
- Enjoy working with children
- Ability to be creative and to improvise
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to lead effectively
- Problem-solving skills
- Critical-thinking skills