50th Anniversary Top of the World Loppet
SATURDAY, APRIL 7 - SUNDAY, APRIL 8
The Inuvik Ski Club coordinates, promotes, and supports the sport of cross country skiing for skiers of all ages and abilities in the Town of Inuvik, Northwest Territories.
We offer youth and adult programming, volunteer coaching leadership, ski rentals, and a network of groomed trails with 7 months of snow cover in the beautiful Mackenzie Delta region.
"I loved the days that I skied at your club in January. I had gone north from Vancouver Island in search of snow and found it. Thanks so much to all the volunteers that keep that facility going."
- The Inuvik Ski Club is a registered not-for-profit nordic ski association working to support skiers of all ages and abilities in the town of Inuvik, Northwest Territories.
- The Club is a member of Cross Country Canada, and of our Territorial Sport Organization, Cross Country Northwest Territories.
- Our dedicated Board Members, Instructors, Maintenance Personnel and other volunteers help us clear and maintain groomed classic and skate ski trails.
- Rental equipment is available to members and day-users through contact with the Inuvik Ski Club Board of Directors.
- Membership is encouraged through affordable annual memberships and family discounts.
- The ISC Chalet is located at the head of the green trail, on Gwich’in Road, next to the Jackrabbit Hill. The Chalet is a cozy place to change your boots, meet friends, and have a snack.
Our club relies entirely on volunteer-run operations (a huge thank-you to all our dedicated volunteers). For that reason, we are flexible in our programming and do not have regular hours of operation. To get in contact with someone from the club, please email email@example.com.
Registration for the 2017-2018 ski season is open on Zone 4! Register online for your season pass and for the Jackrabbit Program. Membership benefits include:
Access to the Inuvik Ski Club chalet • Guided trail tours • Free use of equipment during club events • Jackrabbits Program INCLUDED in family membership • Locker rentals, available at $20 per season (Nov 1st - June 1st) on a first-come-first-serve basis • Access to ski waxing benches, waxing irons and a selection of waxes.
Members enjoy access to the waxing table, waxes, and skate and classic ski equipment. The club has a large inventory of NNN boots, skis and poles for use by both youth and adults. Visiting skiers should contact the club about equipment rentals in advance of their stay,!
CLUB Programs & Events
With 7 months of ski-able snow, there's always lots happening! Check out our Facebook page for updates, and our Season Schedule for an overview of the season's events and programs.
Here are some of the programs we've been offering in the past:
- Family Ski Days
- Adult Ski Lessons
- Jackrabbits (kids 4-10)
- Track Attack (youth 10-14)
- Inuvik Youth Centre FUNdamentals (IYC youth)
- Full Moon Skis
- Skate and Classic Technique Clinics
- Waxing Demonstrations
Our annually-held Top of the World Loppet is a large attraction for skiers both in the Beaufort Delta region and across the country. Beginning in 1968, the Top of the World Ski Championships brought together everyone from high-level competitors to beginners to race and ski around Inuvik.
This year marks the 50th Anniversary of this Loppet!
"Top of the World skiing sounds colourful, and it is more than just tundra skiing in the spring. It is probably the finest spring skiing in the world – constant temperatures and weather, blue skies, sunshine into the late night, and well groomed trails on the unique Mackenzie Delta setting."
© 2017 Inuvik Ski Club | Registered as a Non-Profit Society under SOCIETIES ACT R.S.N.W.T. 1988,c.S-11, No. 700853 | PO Box 1995, Inuvik, NT. X0E 0T0